The National Library of Luxembourg is hiring a new member for its Consortium department.
We are managing a number of digital libraries on behalf of consortial groupings as well as individual organisations at varying service levels. Centralised expertise and shared tools are part of the National Library’s infrastructure missions. IT hard- and software are managed by the National Library’s IT department in close cooperation with the Luxembourg State computing center (CTIE).
The job in brief
The job is based in the Kirchberg area of Luxembourg city, the contract is a fulltime employee position (40 hrs/week) with an initial duration of 1 years, with the possibility to become permanent. We are looking for a long-term commitment. The work environment is international and multilingual. You will be reporting to the head of the department and working in tandem with the existing Licence Manager.
Responsibilities and tasks
– Manage the life cycle of digital subscriptions (negotiation, administration, finances and usage statistics).
– Communicate with publishers and consortium members.
– Participate in projects of the Consortium department (Transition to Open Access, onboarding of new consortial members, etc.)
– Help with internal and external training and communication.
– Learn and use the tools of the department (Consortiamanager.com, ExLibris SFX and Primo Central Index, Excel Ablebits, etc.) and the administrative interfaces of the publishers.
Formal education at Master level, in the field of information science, documentation, communication or equivalent.
Further information and how to apply
Detailed information is available at the Govjobs site.
The cover letter and required documents must be sent via MyGuichet in pdf format (max. size 20 MB) or will not be considered. (Note that you can apply via MyGuichet without a certificate.)
23rd April 2018